Last Minute Holiday Shopping Tips
The holiday shopping season is officially upon us and for those of us who need to pick up a few last minute presents, the pressure is on! The following tips will ensure that everyone on your Christmas list is taken care of this year – including you!
* While you may have accidentally waited to do all of your Christmas shopping, you could actually find yourself in luck with stores offering last minute sales and incentives, such as free shipping, to buy. Take advantage of these offers to find the perfect gift for that special someone without having to spend an arm and a leg.
* Gift certificates are the #1 gift of choice for last minute shoppers. Most large grocery store chains now have a gift card section where hundreds of different gift cards are available. You could also purchase a gift card online and they will email the recipient with a code to redeem the certificate. For the ultimate last minute shopper or the “uh oh we forgot to buy someone a gift” situation, this option is best because you can purchase and receive in less than a minute even on Christmas day.
* Take advantage of expedited shipping. Most online retailers will offer a speedy shipping service to get your purchases to you in as little as three days. Be sure to specify this shipping preference during the checkout phase of your online shopping. If you’re still worried about it not getting to you in time, many larger retailers will allow you to pick it up in-store as late as Christmas Eve and this option is often accompanied with no shipping cost.
* For the hard-to-buy individual in your life who says they have everything they could possibly need, consider donating to a specific charity in their name. There are many charities to choose from, and finding one that is special to your recipient would be a meaningful gift both for them and for the charity.
* Other easy, yet thoughtful, gifts can include the following:
o iTunes money for your friends who love music
o A subscription to Netflix for your friends who are movie fanatics
o Travel gift cards good towards flights on major airlines
o Magazine subscriptions for friends with specific interests
o Pre-paid calling cards for your friends who enjoy traveling