How Online Shopping Cart Services Works?
One of the most indispensable instruments of today’s human life is the internet. The rise of E-commerce has paved way for many businesses houses to emerge on the web. Today everything, right from banking to shopping is done through the World Wide Web. One of the major reasons for this growth is that the costs of running these kinds of businesses are relatively low.Customers can now make purchases online and even manage shipping with no extra cost levied on them.
Another reason for the increase in online transactions is the ease and security, which these sites provide through their Ecommerce shopping cart. The online shopping carts solutions lets the customers make orders, make purchases online, calculate billing and even manage shipping. Gone are the days, when there were no online shopping facilities provided to the customers. Customers had to walk down to the store, spend time in selecting and buying, lining in long queue to get the billing done and finally process the payment at the checkout , with online shopping, the ease and joy of shopping had increased four-folds. The customers need just an internet connection and a computer. With a few clicks, all processing is completed within no time.
A wide variety of online shopping carts solutions are available with different functions, designs, and safety, so e commerce website owners can tailor-make according to his necessities and specifications. The shopping cart solutions are very easy to install, configure, and administer.
It is very important to choose the right kind of shopping cart software for online shopping business needs. For any online store for allowing credit card payment two most important things are needed, they are: Merchant accounts, which allow the person to process credit card details. It is available both as wireless and non wireless and Payment Gateway which uses secure network to process the shipping and credit card information in real time.
There are three main types of gateway interfaces:
• COM-based gateway interface: These requires installation of the DLL software on the hosting server, and also checks for SSL certificate.
• XML Gateway Interface Transport: These do not require DLL installation software on the hosting server, but the controls for your SSL certificate instead uses Windows server installed facilities.
• Form-based Gateway Interface: Requires no software installation.
There are different types of online shopping carts services, these are:
• Merchant Service Shopping Carts: This cart allows the user to login to their account to add products, prices and shipping options through an administrative interface.
• Hosted Shopping Carts: This model works on a paid system, which may be either on a monthly, annually or on a percentage basis and is provided by a hosted service provide. It has an administration area for entering product information and is redirected to another site to fill in information.
• Fully Integrated Shopping Carts: This model provides fully configurable user interface and also requires the user to have some knowledge of programming, so that the user may manage and process in a better way.